Starting my new part-time job, I noticed my freshly implemented routines are starting to be shaken up little.
Time to get back on track, the Benedictine way!
One of the key-factors to getting back into the saddle, is going to bed on time every night! I say, going to bed on time every night!
That, and establishing new routines while ingraining the other ones.
If you are interested in learning about the daily routines of a Benedictine monk, you can check out the website of the Münster Schwarzach monastery, of which best-selling author, ‘spiritual guru’ and Benedict monk Anselm Grün is the financial manager*.
New routines to implement:
- Tiny morning and evening meditation.
Nothing too big or lofty, or else I’ll easily slip into austrich mode. Starting small, spending 5 minutes in my meditation room, taking it easy. In my busy life, it’s so easy to get carried away by all the hustle and bustle. That’s why I’m taking time to stop, think, pray, BE STILL. My soul needs that kind of counteraction on a daily basis.
- Social media-free Sunday (my resting day), on which I take time for my husband, pets, God and creativity or nature activities to charge up for the week ahead.
Routines to further practice:
- going to bed early
- getting up on time every morning
- evening routine: no computer after 7.15/7.30 pm(start relaxing mode)
- preparing for the day to come: clothes, check agenda, prepare bag and lunch. Flylady has invaluable advice for you on this as well.
- clean for 15 min: do a quick tidy up of the house, feed the animals.
This way I hope to have time for more meditation and prayer in the evening, gain some balance and stay out of the claws of ‘zombying out‘ on internet.
Let me know how you’re doing with the changes you’ve made or intended to make. Love to hear and learn from you!
Please take a minute to leave a comment now, I’d really appreciate it!